1269 Bayshore BLVD Dunedin, FL 34698 * Ph: 727-466-1607 * Fax: 727-466-1608

Introduction Time! (Part 1: Mimi)

>> Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hello, everyone! For my first post I wanted to let everyone know who I was and what part I play in this madness. My name is Mimi and I am also the author of another blog known as Potspoon! and no it is not a cooking blog. I am a science junkie and that is the purpose of Potspoon!... teaching people about silly science things.

On here though, I am Ms. Maritza's oldest daughter and best friend (I hope, because she is mine). This blog is a diary, a journey if you will, with a mother daughter team and the trials and tribulations that entail opening a business during some economic tough times. The site also has a calendar on the right so that you can keep up with what is going on with the business and any special events that are going on.

Why would we put ourselves through this? Well, it's one part dream and one part insanity to start. In the entrepreneurial spirit of the American Dream, Mom wants to work for herself. She also enjoys making people smile with her hospitality. Food service seemed a logical choice. In food service, one can make an environment free from prejudice, animosity, and dishes. A deli in particular is a great gathering place and setting for good eats and a local vibe. You can chill and enjoy the grub or take it to go with no questions asked. Did I mention no dishes? Well, none on the customers' part anyway...

I digress, this is supposed to be my intro, not a business intro.

As the eldest of the children, I feel like I need to support my mother in any decision she may make. She has supported me in the past and continues to do so even though I am (WAY) out of the house so it's only fair. I also have the amazing luck of being married to someone who knows a lot about the ins and outs of food service so I'm an asset to her in that respect.

On a more personal side:
I am a science geek, video game junkie, wildlife lover, wannabe wildlife film maker, butterfly farmer, guitarist, snowboarding, book-loving, artist, punk-rock hippy. I don't even think this sums it up, but you get the point.

Hopefully I will see more of you and even though it will be mostly mom posting, don't be too surprised to see an absurd amount of posting from me. See ya around!


2 comments:

Alex the Girl March 27, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

Ah, good luck on your new business, as well as your new blog!

Marimoy March 27, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

Thanks!

A Little About Us

We are a deli with a flair. We have special gourmet sandwiches at great prices and use only the finest Boar's Head meats. If you need a picnic set up for a date, a family, or a party we can help you out. Stop in on your way to the beach or park and pick up some snacks to go. If you prefer, you can hang with us for a while and eat in as well while listening to some oldies and beach tunes. With specials and a growing menu, you won't be disappointed! NOW OPEN!!!

Back to TOP